Intercultural communication course
Cultural differences can imperceptibly lead to major misunderstandings and misunderstandings. For example, the most basic forms of interaction (how do you address someone, do you shake hands or not?) may differ from 'our'. More complicated are the misunderstandings that arise from a different perception on an emotional level. Different cultures deal in different ways with illness, death and religion, but also with shame, loss of face and pride.
The training Intercultural Communication: dealing with cultural diversity is based on your own experiences, which makes the training closely linked to daily practice. Based on background information you broaden your knowledge of the migration of non-western cultures to the Netherlands. You will gain insight into the problems migrants encounter and learn how intercultural communication can take place respectfully and efficiently. In a relaxed environment, you will work with interactive exercises focused on emotion management, relationship building, steadfastness, rapprochement, aggression and non-verbal communication.
The following topics, among others, will be discussed during the training:
- What is culture and what is diversity?
- The history of the Netherlands as a migration country in a nutshell
- Intercultural difference competences
- Western and non-Western culture
- First and later generations
- Values and standards
- Communication and conflict in different cultures
- Self-image and prejudice
- Do's and dont's
This training is ideally suited for government employees, police officers, ambulance staff and public transport workers.
- Customisation is our focus: through a telephone intake interview, the trainer makes an inventory of your personal learning goals. On this basis, the definitive programme of the training course is determined.
- We believe a safe training atmosphere is important, as you should feel comfortable experimenting with new knowledge and skills.
- We strongly believe in doing and experiencing, rather than talking about the content of trainings, which is why all our trainings are active in nature.
- In order to guarantee the quality of the training, we apply a maximum group size of eight participants, so that we can guarantee the learning effect and efficiency.
The training is provided in Dutch as standard. The trainer has a good command of the English language. Use can be made of course material in English. With a minimum of three participants, the training can also be provided entirely in English.
Prices mentioned are per person, including course material.
Lunch is included in the on-site training.
||2 sessions of 3 hours
|Price per day, excluding VAT
|Total, incl. VAT
After completion of the training, a Learnit certificate is issued as proof of participation.
We also organise this training online.
For this we use Webbex or Zoom. Login with Skype is also possible.
On request, this training can also be organised with Microsoft Teams.
The training takes 2 sessions of 3 hours, spread over 2 weeks.
- You can participate again free of charge up to one year after the training.
- For an additional catering fee, you can also participate in a classroom training.