P3O® Foundation Course
Overview and cohesion in the changing organisation
What is the biggest challenge for any organisation in times of change? Keeping an overview of all ongoing programmes, projects and portfolios. Creating coherence in the decision-making and generating unambiguous management reports that give a clear picture of the progress. The Project, Programme and Portfolio Offices® or P3O® Foundation methodology includes best practices to optimally support projects, programmes and portfolios. The P3O® model offers a clear, integral structure for project, programme and portfolio management. It can be implemented or revitalised within any organisation. P3O® offers overview and coherence, and therefore has great added value for organisations that are constantly changing.
Training content P3O® Foundation
Optimally facilitating management in their decision-making processes requires building and securing the right knowledge. In the two-day training P3O® Foundation you learn to design and implement an integral model of project, programme and portfolio offices. This model aims to deliver usable, tailor-made management information, which brings more coherence to the decision-making on the change portfolio. During the P3O® Foundation training we spend a lot of time on the P3O® model and its practical application within organisations. The method, principles, practical application and exam training form the pillars of this much followed P3O® Foundation training.
Day 1. Introduction to P3O®
- What is P3O®?
- The P3O® model: concept and concepts
- Added value of P3O® for your organisation
- Portfolio, Programme and Project Management: differences, similarities and relationship
- P3O® and governance
Designing a P3O® model:
- P3O® models
- P3O® office structures
- Centre of Excellence (COE)
- P3O® roles
Day 2. Getting started with the P3O® Framework
- The P3O® Framework: implementing or revitalising a P3O
- Implementing P3O®: tools and techniques
The P3O® Foundation course is intended for anyone interested or involved in the delivery of programmes and projects, or the formulation of organisational strategy from initiation to implementation. For example, members of management teams, sponsors of change initiatives, managers and senior PMO staff, portfolio managers, programme managers, project managers, line managers, staff members and P3RM consultants.
The P3O® Foundation training course is set up very interactively and offers room for discussion and reflection. We will work with a number of practical exercises and examples from the daily practice of the participants. This way, a better understanding of P3O® and its application in practice is created. The total study load is approximately 20 hours in addition to the training days. At the start of the training you will receive the textbook "P3O®" (version 2013) and a training folder.
After completion of the training P3O® Foundation:
- You know what P3O® is.
- You know the structure of the P3O® Framework and its concepts.
- You know what the added value of P3O® is for your organisation.
- You know the differences and the relationship between portfolio, programme and project management.
- You are familiar with the impact of P3O® on governance.
- You can name the different models, structures and roles within P3O®.
- you understand the principle of linked office structures.
- you can apply the principle of linked office structures in your own work.
- You are able to set up a Centre of Excellence (COE) using P3O®.
- You can apply the P3O® framework to the change portfolio within your own organisation.
- You can contribute to strategic decision-making through a portfolio of projects and programmes.
- You know the tools and techniques to perform a P3O®.
- you are well prepared for the official P3O® Foundation exam.
If you follow the training to certify yourself, you can also directly book the corresponding English language exam with us. The cost of an exam is €215.00 (excl. VAT). You can schedule the exam online and follow it at a time that suits you. During the exam, you will be monitored by a proctor via webcam and microphone. If you want to follow this exam you can indicate this in the remarks field on the registration form.
To participate in the P3O® Foundation training, you do not need specific prior knowledge. Basic knowledge of project management or programme management is useful, but not required.
The P3O® Foundation training is competitively priced and is offered throughout the Netherlands. If desired, we can also provide this training in-company or privately at your office. Highly recommended for those who want an overview of what is happening in their organisation!
The training price is €1.100,00 (excl. VAT) per participant. This includes: manual, training folder and package during the training days. Taking the exam (€179,00) is optional.
More information? Ask your question at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us directly at +31 20 - 636 91 79.
The training is provided in Dutch as standard. The trainer has a good command of the English language. Use can be made of course material in English. With a minimum of three participants, the training can also be provided entirely in English.
Prices mentioned are per person, including course material.
Lunch is included in the on-site training.
||4 sessions of three hours
|Price per day, excluding VAT
|Total, incl. VAT
After completion of the training, a Learnit certificate is issued as proof of participation.