Power BI basic course
Are you still making your management reports in Excel? With Microsoft Power BI it can be done faster and easier. In the two-day basic course Power BI you will learn how to create an effective management report in Power BI using data from Excel. And how to use it to create interactive management dashboards. On day 1 you will learn all the ins and outs of the Microsoft Power BI programme. Day 2 is all about data visualisation: how do you translate your financial reports into understandable dashboards and share these easily online?
The following topics are covered in the Power BI Basics course:
- What is Microsoft Power BI?
- Functionalities and possibilities of Power BI
- Effective management reports
- Importing data from Excel
- Structuring data collection
- Import and connect data collection
- Formatting and structuring data
- Establish and manage relationships
- From data to control information
- Data visualisation: make management information visually clear and understandable
- Create reports with the most commonly used visuals
- Creating and analysing visuals
- Uploading your report to Power BI Online
- Create and share a dashboard online
- Graphs and charts on a management dashboard: do's and don'ts.
Are you a financial controller, business controller, financial manager, financial advisor or financial director? The Power BI basic course is intended for financial professionals who are responsible for financial reporting. And for anyone who wants to make analyses based on a large amount of data. The Power BI Basic course is also interesting for anyone who does not make management reports but wants to monitor and steer processes and departments by means of dashboards with KPIs.
During the Power BI Basis course you will learn how to create financial reports and dashboards with the business intelligence tool Power BI step by step on the basis of examples from your daily practice and a practical workbook. Theory and practice are interchangeable and you will immediately get to work with what you have learned on one of the course laptops. There is plenty of opportunity to practice with Power BI and ask questions.
This course uses Microsoft Power BI and Microsoft Excel.
After completing the Power BI Basics course:
- You know what Microsoft Power BI is and what possibilities the programme offers.
- You are able to make financial reports quickly and effectively in Power BI.
- You know how to import, format and structure Excel data.
- you can establish relationships between data and manage your reports.
- You know how to translate data into management information.
- you can make management information understandable through data visualisation.
- you can create reports with the most commonly used visuals.
- You know how to upload your reports to Power BI Online.
- you can create an interactive dashboard and share it online.
- You know the do's and don'ts for graphs and diagrams on a dashboard.
For the Power BI basic course, extensive knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel is required.
The training is provided in Dutch as standard. The trainer has a good command of the English language. Use can be made of course material in English. With a minimum of three participants, the training can also be provided entirely in English.
Prices mentioned are per person, including course material.
Lunch is included in the on-site training.
||4 sessions of three hours
|Price per day, excluding VAT
|Total, incl. VAT
After completion of the training, a Learnit certificate is issued as proof of participation.