PRINCE2® Foundation Course
Improve project results with Prince2 project management
Better control over your projects? Learn how to guarantee the quality of projects and how to adjust them more quickly? Prince2 is a widely used method for organising, managing and controlling projects. Unlike other project management methods, Prince2 focuses on the processes. By paying a lot of attention to defining the desired end result during the preparation, the expectations of all those involved are better managed. And because of the fixed structure and composition, everyone speaks the same language, which makes communication considerably easier. This makes Prince2 one of the most concrete, quickly applicable project management methods.
This course trains you up to the exam according to the latest version of Prince2 2017.
The three-day Prince2 Foundation project management course provides you with a comprehensive introduction to the Prince2 project management method. You will learn the most important principles of the Prince2 project method, the various project stages and the themes you need to manage a project. The structure of the project organisation and the accompanying roles and responsibilities are also discussed. And finally, you will be well prepared for the official Prince2 Foundation exam.
- The basics: the 7 Prince2 principles
- Advantages, disadvantages and success factors of Prince2 project management
- Project organisation vs line organisation
- Project organisation: roles, responsibilities and team structure
- Starting and initiating a project
- Project phasing: steps in a Prince2 project
Project execution and project control
- Product-based project planning: from end product to required input
- Prince2 themes: executing, monitoring and adjusting a project
- Risks, changes and exceptions
- Prince2 project documentation: clear insight into progress
- Preparation for the Prince2 Foundation examination
On the third day you will take an exam for the PRINCE2® certificate. This is mandatory. The exam consists of 70 multiple choice questions and takes one hour. In that hour you need to give 35 or more correct answers to succeed.
The examination covers the characteristics and context of a project and the benefits of working according to PRINCE2®, the purpose of the PRINCE2® roles, management products and themes, the PRINCE2® principles, the objectives and context of the PRINCE2® processes.
The cost of the exam is included in the price.
The Prince2 Foundation training has been developed for everyone who is involved in projects in his or her job. Think of project managers, project staff, project supporters, project advisors, project planners and quality officers. The course is also suitable for information managers, business analysts, functional designers, product developers, etc.
This project management course is a good preparation for the official Prince2 Foundation examination and offers an excellent stepping stone to the follow-up course Prince2 Practitioner.
Learnit offers the course Prince2 Foundation as classroom training. On the basis of a fictitious business case all aspects of Prince2 project management are discussed. The official Prince2 Foundation course book is used.
Do you prefer to study at home? The Prince2 Foundation training is also available as e-learning.
After completion of the Prince2 Foundation course:
- You know the seven basic principles of Prince2.
- You can define the roles and responsibilities within a Prince2 project organisation.
- You know what stages Prince2 projects consist of.
- You know which topics affect the project.
- You know the 7 processes within the Prince2 project model.
- You know why project planning starts with the desired end result.
- You can name the most important management products and triggers.
- You can name the most important project management techniques.
- know what each methodology and technique is for and the relationships between the components of each methodology
- you are well prepared for the official Prince2 Foundation exam.
To participate in the PRINCE2® Foundation course no previous knowledge is required. For everyone with interest in or involved in project activities this course is recommended.
The training is provided in Dutch as standard. The trainer has a good command of the English language. Use can be made of course material in English. With a minimum of three participants, the training can also be provided entirely in English.
Prices mentioned are per person, including course material.
Lunch is included in the on-site training.
||6 sessions of three hours
|Price per day, excluding VAT
|Total, incl. VAT
After completion of the training, a Learnit certificate is issued as proof of participation.