Create great apps for Apple devices with Swift
The Swift programming language, launched in 2014, was developed by Apple for the iOS and OS X operating systems. In this new open source programming language, various concepts from Objective-C, Rust, Haskell, Python, C# and CLU, among others, were combined in Swift. As a result, Swift developed into one of the most popular programming languages in a few years' time. Well-known applications such as SoundCloud, Airbnb, LinkedIn and Eventbrite have been developed in Swift.
In Swift you can program object-oriented, functional and protocol-oriented. Swift is easy to learn for both experienced developers and novice programmers. The Swift programming language is suitable for many applications, including:
- mobile (iOS) apps
- programming courses for children (Swift Playgrounds)
- desktop applications
- server applications, also on Ubuntu (Linux)
Would you like to learn to develop iOS applications in the Swift programming language? Join the Swift Programming course from Learnit.
Contents training Swift Programming
In the Swift Programming course you will learn to develop software using the latest version of the popular Swift programming language. First of all we will discuss what distinguishes Swift from other programming languages and what the advantages and disadvantages are of programming in Swift. Using fun and challenging assignments, you will get to grips with the syntax of the programming language and the associated programming style. You will learn about all the available data types, functions, operators, expressions and so on. Also discussed are closures, error handling, type casting, protocols and extensions.
By alternating between theory, demos and assignments from your daily practice, you will get to know and apply all aspects and possibilities of Swift. At the end of the course, you will have developed your own iOS app. After completing the Swift course you will receive the official Learnit certificate for Swift programming.
Topics in Swift Programming training
This Swift programming course covers the following topics, among others:
Introduction to Swift
- concept and philosophy
- the XCode development environment
- Swift Playground
- iOS projects
- Swift syntax
- types, variables and constants
- strings and characters
- collections: arrays and dictionaries
- loop statements
- conditional statements
- functions, arguments and optionals
- enumerations, classes and structures
- properties and methods
- memory management with automatic reference counting
- error handling
- type of casting
Target audience Programming in Swift course
This Swift programming course is intended for everyone who wants to learn to develop applications in the Swift programming language. The course is suitable for both experienced and novice programmers.
After completing the Swift programming course:
- You know all about the Swift programming language.
- You know the differences with other programming languages such as Objective-C, Python and C#.
- You can name the advantages and disadvantages of programming in Swift.
- You are familiar with all the application possibilities of Swift.
- understand how Swift combines different forms of programming.
- understand the structure of the XCode development environment.
- you can apply all functions, data types, expressions, operators, etc. in Swift.
- Know how to set up an iOS project.
- You will be able to develop an iOS app in Swift.
- You can develop a Swift programme independently.
- You will receive the Learnit certificate for Swift programming.
To take part in this Swift programming course, you do not need any
knowledge of programming. Experience with other programming languages,
understanding the material better. A good command of the English language is recommended,
as the course material is partly in English.
The training is provided in Dutch as standard. The trainer has a good command of the English language. Use can be made of course material in English. With a minimum of three participants, the training can also be provided entirely in English.
Prices mentioned are per person, including course material.
Lunch is included in the on-site training.
||6 sessions of three hours
|Price per day, excluding VAT
|Total, incl. VAT
After completion of the training, a Learnit certificate is issued as proof of participation.