Testing Foundation Course
Improve the quality of your information provision and system development
Testing is an important aspect of system development. Whereas it used to be a separate activity in the project planning, in the current agile working method used by many organisations, it is a structural and continuous part of the project. By testing thoroughly during each phase of the development process:
you can identify and solve as many errors as possible before the roll-out, thus improving the quality of the information systems.
you involve the end users in the system development at an early stage, which increases its support.
You will obtain factual and reliable management information with which you can adequately steer the project progress.
The training TestF (Testing Foundation) deals with the basic principles of software testing. Do you want to broaden your knowledge and understanding of IT testing? Do you know how a well-structured testing process can contribute to improving the quality of information systems and information provision? Register for the Test Foundation (TestF) course from Learnit.
Content Testing Foundation training
In this two-day Test F training you will be introduced to all the basic aspects of software testing of information systems. On day 1 we zoom in on the test requirements, acceptance criteria, quality dimensions and ways to test them. You learn how to build a structured test process and test plan and which test types there are. Day 2 is all about embedding the test process within the organisation and what you can do to make the test process run even faster and better.
Based on examples and best practices you will gain insight into the importance of IT testing within system development and how you can use this to improve the quality of your information provision and systems. Moreover, you will lay a good foundation for the official EXIN Testing Foundation exam.
Topics of training TestF
During the Testing Foundation course, the following topics, among others, are covered:
- Test requirements.
- Acceptance criteria in software testing.
- Quality of information provision: three dimensions.
- Quality models.
- Test forms.
- The role of testing within the information system life cycle.
- The coherence between development approach and test approach.
The testing process:
- This is how you build a structured testing process.
- Stages in the testing process.
- Activities in the testing process.
- Products of a structured testing process.
- Different types of tests and their fields of application.
The test plan:
- This is how a test plan comes into being.
- Structure and content of the test plan.
- Test specification: define the steps.
- Test execution: You have to take this into account.
- Test report: proper structure and content.
The testing process in the organisation:
- The organisational prerequisites for a structured test approach.
- The testing policy of your organisation.
- Important roles and competences in the testing process.
- The organisation of the testing process.
- Supporting processes and tools in the testing process.
- Findings management: principles and importance.
Faster and better testing:
- Automated testing: possibilities and limitations
- Supporting test tools
Target group TestF course
This Test Foundation course is intended for everyone who wants to learn more about or is involved in testing information facilities and information systems. Think of users of systems, test managers, IT managers, system developers and project staff.
After the Test F training:
- You know how to draw up good test requirements and acceptance criteria for software testing.
- You know in which three dimensions quality of information provision is expressed.
- You know the most important quality models for IT testing.
- You can name various forms of testing.
- You know the role of testing within the life cycle of an information system.
- understand the relationship between development approach and test approach.
- You know how to build a structured test process.
- You know which phases and activities the testing process consists of.
- You know what outcomes a structured testing process can produce.
- You know different test types and their application areas.
- You are able to draw up a test plan.
- You are familiar with the structure and content of the test plan.
- you can define the steps in the testing process.
- you know what to consider when performing a test.
- you know what a test report should contain.
- You know the organisational requirements for a structured test approach.
- You can name the important roles and competences in the testing process.
- You know what supporting processes and tools there are in the testing process.
- understand the principles and importance of findings management.
- You know the possibilities and limitations of automated testing.
- know some supporting test tools
- you are well prepared for the official EXIN exam Testing - Foundation Level.
If you follow the training course in order to certify yourself, you can also directly book the corresponding exam with us. The cost of an exam is €90.00 (excl. VAT). You can schedule the exam online and take it at a time that suits you. During the exam, you will be monitored by a proctor via webcam and microphone. If you want to follow this exam you can indicate this in the remarks field on the registration form.
To take part in the Test Foundation course, you need knowledge of information systems and system development. The course Information Systems Foundation (ISyF) is a good preparation.
Price includes exam
The training is provided in Dutch as standard. The trainer has a good command of the English language. Use can be made of course material in English. With a minimum of three participants, the training can also be provided entirely in English.
Prices mentioned are per person, including course material.
Lunch is included in the on-site training.
||4 sessions of three hours
|Price per day, excluding VAT
|Total, incl. VAT
After completion of the training, a Learnit certificate is issued as proof of participation.