Digital Design course with Affinity Designer
Turn your iPad or PC into a powerful design studio with Affinity Designer
Create professional designs, just on your iPad? Follow the Affinity Designer course. Affinity Designer is the new way of digital design. Unlike familiar digital design programs such as Adobe Illustrator and Corel Draw, this app makes it easy to operate. This makes it suitable for beginners and hobbyists as well as for professional illustrators and designers. Moreover, he is very cheap: the Affinity Designer app costs you one-time 50 euro.
Affinity Designer: Anyone can digitally design
The innovative app Affinity Desiger makes digital designs a whole new experience. The super fast and advanced design tool provides a complete basis for vector illustrations and desktop publishing. This makes it easy to create high quality designs. Ideal for designing and developing professional logos, icons, illustrations and typography. The app is there for Windows, iOS and MacOS, so you can work with it on a Windows computer, iPad and iMac.
In our two-day training Affinity Designer you will learn the basic digital design techniques and get acquainted with the most impressive possibilities of the app. Various drawing techniques and design techniques are discussed here. We also zoom in on every step of the design process, from the preparation to the delivery of your designs. So anyone can digitally design!
During the Affinity Designer training, the following topics are discussed:
Introduction Affinity Designer
- What is Affinity Design?
- What can you do with Affinity Designer?
- Affinity Designer vs Adobe Illustrator
- Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo; A magic combination
- The Affinity Designer interface
Basic tools and basic skills
- Objects: adding, selecting, aligning, and transforming
- Geometry tools: Creating and editing shapes
- Colors and gradients
- Design Tips and Tricks
Affinity Design Tools and panels
- Drawing with pen and pencil tools
- Painting with brushes
Simple design techniques
- Working with text
- Working with Layers
- Drawing in perspective
- Apply Effects
- Apply appearance and graphic styles
The design process step by step
- The preparation
- The customer
- The briefing
- The process
- The concept
- The basic layout
Make your life easier with the Affinity Design shortcuts
- Modifiers & Layer Control
- Advanced text
- Pixel Persona Shortcuts
- And many more shortcuts
The Affinity Design Training is designed for professional designers who want to get more out of their design tool or start using Affinity Design. For example graphic designers, digital designers, web designers, interaction designers, creative Studio employees or illustrators. But the course is also very suitable for novice designers and people who like to make beautiful designs as a hobby. In short: For anyone interested in digital design.
Learnit offers the course Affinity Designer as an open-learning form. The official English Affinity Designer Workbook is used. In addition, you get access to the Affinity portal, where you can download useful resource files for each assignment and design project. During the course, under the guidance of an experienced trainer, you will actively work to create your Affinity Designer. Depending on your experience with digital designs, the content and tempo of the course can be adapted to your personal learning goals. The trainer will ensure that you stay on track and achieve your learning goals. This form of learning offers space for customised work. You will have the opportunity to create examples from your own practice that will make you more specific.
After completion of the course Affinity Designer:
- You know the basics of digital design.
- You know the basic concept and the most important principles of Affinity Designer.
- You know the difference between Affinity Designer and other design tools, such as Illustrator and CorelDraw.
- Are you familiar with all the features and tools in the Affinity Designer interface.
- Do you know how to use Artboards, objects, geometry tools, colors and gradients.
- You can draw with pen, pencil and brush.
- You can work with text.
- You know how to add and edit layers.
- You can draw in perspective.
- Lets you apply effects, appearance, and graphic styles to your design.
- Know all the steps in the design process and the role that Affinity Designer can play in this.
- Know the application possibilities of the Affinity Design Short cuts.
- You have performed various design assignments using the Affinity Design tutorials.
- Do you know how Affinity Designer collaborates with Affinity Photo.
To participate in the Affinity Designer course, you do not need to have any specific prior knowledge. Some affinity with digital design is useful. The course is taught in Dutch but the course material is in English, so good command of the English language is required.
The training is provided by default in Dutch. The trainer controls the English language. English course material can be used. When registering at least 3 participants, the training can also be provided entirely in English.
Mentioned prices are per person, including course material.
Lunch is included in the training on location.
|Price per day, excl. VAT
|Total, incl. VAT
After completing the training, a LEARNIT certificate will be issued as proof of participation.