Course BCS Business Analysis
Develop scenarios for a forward-looking organization
The business analyst is the specialist that helps organizations make the right investment decisions. An essential role - as a linking pin between different departments, users and stakeholders - in initiating and facilitating change processes within the organization by identifying, evaluating and translating improvement opportunities into result-oriented options. Furthermore, the business analyst actively contributes to business optimization in improvement processes by providing input to the change team and ensuring that changes are implemented quickly and smoothly. The development or selection of appropriate IT solutions plays an important role in this.
To fulfill this noble task, the business analyst has a number of research and modeling techniques at his or her disposal, including the Business Process Model. This is a step-by-step approach to map the current situation, evaluate the possible scenarios and draw up the requirements for the optimal IT solution.
Do you want to learn how to develop scenarios for a future-oriented organization? And realise the right IT solutions? Join Learnit's Business Analysis Foundation training.
Content Business Analysis Foundation training
The three-day course Business Analysis Foundation introduces you to various methodologies for research, stakeholder analysis, business case development, strategy determination, risk assessment, modeling the documentation process, change management and the drafting of IT specifications.
By using case studies and examples from daily practice, you will learn through which glasses the business analyst looks at the organization and which tools and techniques he or she applies in business analyses. Furthermore, you will start working with tasks related to business analysis, on the basis of which you can develop various options for the future. And you'll gain insight into how analysts work with business optimization teams to effectively implement change and achieve optimal business solutions.
Moreover, by means of a practice exam you will thoroughly prepare yourself for the official BCS exam Business Analysis Foundation.
Topics training Business Analysis Foundation
The following topics, among others, are covered during this business analysis course:
- What is business analysis?
- The importance of business analysis for your organisation
- The role of the business analyst
- The skills and competencies of the business analyst in the information age
The Business Analysis Process Model:
- Step 1: Investigate the situation
- Step 2: Consider perspectives
- Step 3. Analyse needs
- Step 4. Evaluate possibilities
- Step 5. Define requirements
- Research techniques
- Stakeholder analysis
Modeling business processes:
- Business process modeling (BPM): from IST to SOLL
- Modelling techniques
Modelling the IT system:
The business case:
- Preparing a business case
- Preparing a financial case
- Managing the business case
Target group course Business Analysis Foundation
This business analysis training is intended for anyone who wants to learn more about or has to do with performing or assessing business analyses. Think of business analysts, business process managers, business architects, business consultants, organizational consultants, change managers and project managers.
After the Business Analysis Foundation training:
- you understand what business analysis means.
- you understand the role of the business analyst within an organization.
- you know what competencies a business analyst should have.
- you will be able to carry out various investigations, such as a stragic analysis and a stakeholder analysis.
- You can look at the organisation through various glasses, analyse the various perspectives and bring them together into one unequivocal and broadly supported IST perspective.
- you understand the importance of process thinking and Business Process Management.
- you can apply the business analysis process model (BCS) to business information.
- you can apply the "problem solving model" (BCS) to business information.
- You will be able to apply supporting techniques such as process modeling, data modeling and use case modeling in your business analysis.
- You will be able to draw up a business case including a financial case and keep it up to date during the course of the project.
- you can actively contribute to the implementation of business optimization in improvement projects.
- you can guide project teams in implementing the SOLL situation.
- you are well prepared for the official BCS exam Business Analysis Foundation.
Als je de training volgt om je te certificeren, kun je bij ons ook direct het bijbehorende examen erbij boeken. De kosten van een examen bedragen €150,00 (excl. BTW). Je kunt het examen online inplannen en volgen op een voor jou geschikt moment. Tijdens het examen word je door een proctor gemonitord via webcam en microfoon. Indien je dit examen wilt volgen kun je dit aangeven in het opmerkingenveld op het inschrijfformulier.
To participate in this training Business Analysis Foundation you do not need any specific prior knowledge. A good command of the English language is recommended, as most of the teaching material is in English.
This course prepares you for an hour-long, multiple-choice exam. If you pass this exam, you will receive the certificate Foundation in Business Analysis from the British Computer Society (BCS).
Price including exam
The training is provided by default in Dutch. The trainer controls the English language. English course material can be used. When registering at least 3 participants, the training can also be provided entirely in English.
Mentioned prices are per person, including course material.
Lunch is included in the training on location.
||6 sessions of three hours
|Price per day, excl. VAT
|Total, incl. VAT
After completing the training, a LEARNIT certificate will be issued as proof of participation.