Cloud Computing Course
Working in the cloud, something for your organisation?
"Working in the cloud" is an expression you've probably heard before. It refers to cloud computing: working with services, systems and applications provided via the Internet. Probably almost everyone consciously or unconsciously already uses cloud computing. For example, for developing and testing internet programs, making backups, streaming audio and video, supplying software or analysing data. Applications such as e-mail, virtual meetings, project coordination and document collaboration are also increasingly via the cloud.
More and more organisations are consciously choosing to work in the cloud. This means that they no longer purchase their own servers, hardware and software, but acquire these as services from specialised online providers. This offers many advantages, such as lower IT costs, higher speed and reliability and better performance. But cloud computing also has limitations and drawbacks, especially in the areas of security and data management.
In order to select the best cloud solution for your organisation, it is important to identify the needs of the users. Do you want to learn all about the basics of cloud computing, from the concept to evaluating implemented cloud computing applications? And know what to consider when choosing the right cloud solutions? Join Learnit's Cloud Computing course.
Training content Cloud Computing
The two-day basic course Cloud Computing gives you a good theoretical basis if you want to do more with cloud computing or simply want to know more about it. The combination of examples, cases and hands-on assignments will give you insight into the possibilities of cloud computing for your organisation. You will learn which considerations play an important role in selecting the right cloud solutions and how to evaluate their implementation. Moreover, a practice exam will prepare you thoroughly for the official EXIN exam on Cloud Computing Foundation.
Course topics Cloud Computing Foundation
During the Cloud Computing Foundation course, the following topics, among others, will be covered:
What is cloud computing?
- The concept: what does cloud computing mean exactly?
- History: How cloud computing was born
- The architecture of cloud computing
- Pros and cons of cloud computing
- Opportunities and limitations of cloud computing
Implementation and management
- Your local cloud environment
- Managing cloud services
Using cloud services
- Approach to the cloud
- The cloud and your business processes
- Service providers and the cloud
Security and compliance
- Security in the Cloud: Here's What to Think About
- Identity and privacy: How to comply with laws and regulations
Evaluation of cloud computing
- Drawing up a good business case
- Evaluating cloud computing implementations
Exam preparation: mock exam
EXIN exam Cloud Computing Foundation
Target group Cloud Computing course
This cloud computing training course is intended for everyone who wants to learn more about or has to deal with the selection, use and management of internet services and applications in the cloud. These include system administrators, network administrators, application administrators, functional managers, information managers, IT consultants, system developers and project staff.
After completing the Cloud Computing training:
- understand what cloud computing and working in the cloud mean.
- Know the advantages and disadvantages of cloud computing.
- You know what developments have contributed to the emergence of cloud computing.
- You are familiar with cloud computing architectures.
- Know the possibilities and limitations of cloud computing.
- You know how to build a local cloud environment.
- You can name and apply the principles of managing cloud services.
- Know the main uses of cloud computing.
- Know how cloud computing can be used for business processes.
- You know how service providers use the cloud.
- understand the security risks of cloud computing and how to mitigate them.
- understand how identity and privacy can be protected in the cloud.
- you can make a business case for evaluating cloud computing.
- you are well prepared for the official EXIN exam on Cloud Computing Foundation.
Cloud computing exam
After this training, there is a possibility to take an online exam at home. The exam consists of 40 multiple choice questions. If you get 65% or more right, you have passed the exam. This exam is available in Dutch, English and French. The cost of an exam is €150.00 (excl. VAT). You can schedule the exam online and follow it at a time that suits you. During the exam, you will be monitored by a proctor via webcam and microphone. If you want to follow this exam you can indicate this in the remarks field on the registration form.
You do not need any specific prior knowledge to participate in this Cloud Computing training.
If you follow the training to certify yourself, you can also directly book the corresponding exam with us. The cost of an exam is €1750 (excl. VAT). You can schedule the exam online and follow it at a time that suits you. During the exam, you will be monitored by a proctor via webcam and microphone. If you want to follow this exam you can indicate this in the remarks field on the registration form
The training is provided in Dutch as standard. The trainer has a good command of the English language. Use can be made of course material in English. With a minimum of three participants, the training can also be provided entirely in English.
Prices mentioned are per person, including course material.
Lunch is included in the on-site training.
||4 sessions of three hours
|Price per day, excluding VAT
|Total, incl. VAT
After completion of the training, a Learnit certificate is issued as proof of participation.