Intercultural Communication Course
Cultural differences can unnoticeably lead to great misunderstandings and misunderstanding. So can the most basic manners (how do you speak to someone, give you or no hand?) depart from the ' ours '. More complicated are the misunderstandings that arise from a different experience on an emotional level. Different cultures go in different ways with sickness, death and religion, but also with shame, face loss and pride.
In the training Intercultural communication: Dealing with cultural diversity is done from your own experiences, so that the training closely matches the daily practice. On the basis of background information, you broaden your knowledge of the migration of non-Western cultures to the Netherlands. You will gain insight into the problems that migrants encounter and you will learn how intercultural communication can take place in a respectful and efficient way. In a relaxed environment you'll get started with interactive exercises focused on emotion management, relationship building, fortitude, rapprochement, aggression and non-verbal communication.
The following topics will be discussed during training:
- What is culture and what is diversity?
- The history of the Netherlands as migration country in bird flight
- Competences Intercultural differences
- Western and non-Western culture
- First and later generations
- Values and norms
- Communication and conflict in different cultures
- Self-image and Prejudice
- Do's and Dont's
This training is ideally suited for government staff, BOAS, ambulance staff and public transport staff.
- Customised work is central to us: by means of an intake interview the trainer will enumerate your personal learning goals. On this basis, the final programme of the training is determined.
- We find a safe training atmosphere important because you have to feel comfortable when experimenting with new knowledge and skills.
- We strongly believe in doing and experiencing, rather than telling about the content of training, which makes all our trainings active in nature.
- In order to guarantee the quality of the training, we apply a maximum group size of eight participants for the training, so that we can guarantee the learning effect and efficiency.
The training is provided by default in Dutch. The trainer controls the English language. English course material can be used. When registering at least 3 participants, the training can also be provided entirely in English.
Mentioned prices are per person, including course material.
Lunch is included in the training on location.
||2 sessions of three hours
|Price per day, excl. VAT
|Total, incl. VAT
After completing the training, a LEARNIT certificate will be issued as proof of participation.