Course Management of Risk (M_O_R) Foundation
Avoid surprises with good risk management
Every project, every programme and every organisation has its risks. In order to promote continuity or even to convert these risks into opportunities, it is important to identify the risks beforehand. In this way you can make a well thought-out plan to eliminate or reduce risks, and during the execution of the work you can continuously monitor and steer for good progress.
Management of Risk (M_o_R®) is a proven approach to risk management. A methodology in which you involve everyone within the organisation, the project or the programme in risk management. Learnit's two-day M_o_R® Foundation training will teach you how to use this approach to create a clear structure in risk identification, risk management and risk assessment.
The two-day risk management training introduces you to the M_o_R® methodology. You will gain insight into risk management in general and M_o_R® in particular. On day 1 you will learn all about the M_o_R® framework, and the approaches, principles and perspectives of M_o_R®. In addition, we will discuss the first steps in the risk management process. On day two, you'll continue with this. You will learn how to apply M_o_R® tools and techniques, such as the Health Check and the Risk Maturity Model. This is the first step towards a risk management plan and you will learn how to give risk management a permanent place within the organisation. You are also preparing for the official M_o_R® Foundation exam.
Introduction of risk management and M_o_R®
- What is risk management?
- Why is risk management important for continuity?
- Risk management within the organisation vs. within projects and programmes
- The relationship of M_o_R® with PRINCE2
- The M_o_R® framework
- Eight principles
- Four organisational perspectives: explanation, relationship and link with the principles
- Implementation and process measures
- Roles and responsibilities
- What is enterprise risk management (ERM)?
M_o_R® approach and documentation
- Spare parts
- Risk management policy
- Risk capacity, risk appetite and risk tolerance
- Risk management strategy
- Link with PRINCE2
- Steps in the risk management process
- Bottlenecks and barriers
M_o_R® process (continued)
- Risk analysis: identification and inventory of risks
- Risk management plan
- Implementation and monitoring of risk management
- Risk management
- Risk management reports
- The role of communication in risk management
Integrate risk management into the organisation
- Why integrate into the organisation?
- Health Check
- Risk Maturity Model
- Converting risks into opportunities
M_o_R® techniques and specialisations
- Commonly used risk management techniques
- Risk management specialisms
Multiple Choice Exam
The M_o_R® Foundation training course is intended for anyone who is involved in corporate governance or risk management, and who draws up guidelines for risk management within (part of) an organisation, a project or a programme. For example, a programme manager, project manager, team leader, operational manager, quality manager, HSQE specialist or auditor.
The M_o_R® risk management training is highly interactive and offers room for discussion. We will work with a number of practical exercises and examples from the daily practice of the participants. This will lead to a better understanding of M_o_R® and its application in practice. At the start of the training you will receive the textbook and a training folder. In addition, you will get access to our online learning environment and the online exam trainer.
After the training M_o_R® Foundation:
- You know the importance of good risk management for the continuity of your organisation.
- you know the differences and similarities between risk management within the organisation and risk management within projects and programmes.
- Do you know how M_o_R® fits in with well-known project management methods such as PRINCE2?
- you know all the components of the M_o_R® framework.
- you can name and apply the eight M_o_R® principles.
- you can look at risk management from four organisational perspectives.
- you know the execution and process measures within each of the four perspectives.
- you are familiar with the roles and responsibilities within the M_o_R® perspectives.
- you know what enterprise risk management (ERM) is.
- you can apply the M_o_R® approach and associated documentation.
- you know which parts of a risk management policy are made up of.
- you know what the terms risk capacity, risk appetite and risk tolerance mean.
- you can make a global plan for a risk management strategy.
- you know the steps in the M_o_R® risk management process.
- you know what bottlenecks and barriers you may encounter.
- you know how to solve these bottlenecks and barriers.
- you can make a good risk analysis.
- you can translate the risk analysis into a risk management plan.
- you know how to implement, monitor and control risk management in your organisation.
- you are familiar with the most common risk management reports.
- you know the role of communication in risk management.
- you can apply the Health Check to your organization.
- you can apply the Risk Maturity Model to your organization.
- you know how to turn risk into opportunity.
- you can apply commonly used risk management techniques.
- you're familiar with the risk management specialties.
- you are well prepared for the official M_o_R® Foundation exam.
No specific prior knowledge is required to participate in the M_o_R® Foundation risk management training. Some experience with project or programme management or affinity with risk management is useful. A good command of the English language is desirable, as the teaching material is largely in English.
The training is provided by default in Dutch. The trainer controls the English language. English course material can be used. When registering at least 3 participants, the training can also be provided entirely in English.
Mentioned prices are per person, including course material.
Lunch is included in the training on location.
|Price per day, excl. VAT
|Total, incl. VAT
After completing the training, a LEARNIT certificate will be issued as proof of participation.