Course Management or Portfolios (MoP®) Foundation
Achieve your strategic goals successfully
Also often too busy with the delusion of the day to send the organization towards the future? To make the necessary changes and adapt the organisation to developments in the market and technology? Good portfolio management helps you to find the optimal balance between organisational change (change the business) and the daily business operations (run the business). And to realise your long-term strategy in a structured and successful way.
A portfolio is a set of activities, projects and programs to achieve the strategic goals of your organization. An overview of everything an organization invests in the implementation of changes. Think of time, planning, people, resources and money. Management or Portfolios® (MoP®) is a proven methodology to define and deliver portfolios. The principles and the two main processes within portfolio management form the basis. The MAGP® concept seamlessly connects to commonly used project management and program management methodologies such as PRINCE2® or MSP®.
The two-day MoP® Foundation portfolio management training course introduces you to the MoP® methodology. You will gain knowledge of and insight into programme management in general and MoP® in particular. On day 1 you will learn all about the approaches, principles and cycles of MoP®. On day 2, you will work with the MoP® tools and techniques on the basis of a number of practical cases, you will discover which role is important within portfolio management and you will learn which documentation helps you with portfolio management. You are also preparing for the official MoP® Foundation exam.
Introduction Portfolio Management
- What is portfolio management?
- Core concepts and principles of portfolio management and MoP®
- Benefits of portfolio management for your organization
- Project management, programme management and portfolio management: differences, agreements and relationship
- The place of portfolio management within the organisation
- Doing the good things versus doing things right
MoP®: Three approaches
- Big Bang
- Ad hoc
Five MoP® Principles
- Commitment of senior management
- Alignment with the board
- Alignment with the strategy
- Portfolio Office
- Energetic culture change
- The Portfolio Definition cycle: Understate, Categorise, Prioritise, Balance, Plan
- The Portfolio delivery cycle: Management Control, Benefits Management, Financial Management, Risk Management, Stakeholder Engagement, Organisational Governance, Resource Management
Rolls within MoP®
Important Portfolio Documentation
Portfolio Management Health Check
Multiple Choice Exam
The MAGP® Foundation training is intended for experienced portfolio managers, program managers, consultants or senior employees of a portfolio or programme agency.
The MoP® portfolio management training is very interactive and offers room for discussion. We will work with a number of practical exercises and examples from the daily practice of the participants. This creates a better understanding of MoP® and its application in practice.
At the start of the training you will receive the training book and a training folder. In addition, you will get access to our online learning environment and the online exam trainer. At the end of the training you will take the exam. The costs for the exam are included in the price.
At the end of the training MoP® Foundation:
- Do you know what portfolio management entails.
- Are you familiar with the core concepts and principles of portfolio management and MoP®.
- Do you know what portfolio management benefits your organization offers.
- You know the differences, similarities and relationship between project management program management and portfolio management.
- You know the place of portfolio management within the organization.
- Are you familiar with the three approaches to MoP®.
- You can name and apply the Five principles of MoP®.
- Do you know the two main processes within MoP® and are you sure what they serve.
- You can distinguish the main roles within MoP®.
- You can apply important portfolio documentation in the right way.
- You are able to carry out the Portfolio management Health Check.
- You can successfully make changes in terms of time, quality, budget and revenues.
- You know how to improve the involvement and communication between the executives and the employees.
- Allow people and resources to be deliberately reassigned, for improved delivery and for achieving greater revenue in the future.
- You can more easily prioritize programs and projects based on the contribution to strategic goals.
- You are able to place risks in the perspective of the overall portfolio.
- You can make more decisive decisions.
- You can make changes more efficiently.
- allow you to plan resources better, and manage dependencies better.
- Do you know the pitfalls of setting up a MoP® portfolio.
- Are you well prepared for the official MoP® Foundation exam.
To participate in the Portfolio Management training MoP® Foundation, you have bi preference over knowledge of PRINCE2® and MSP® and some experience with project and programme management.
The MoP® Foundation course is sharp
Priced and is offered throughout the Netherlands. If desired, we can
Training also in-company or private care at your office. A real
Recommended for those who want to achieve strategic goals better and faster
The training is provided by default in Dutch. The trainer controls the English language. English course material can be used. When registering at least 3 participants, the training can also be provided entirely in English.
Mentioned prices are per person, including course material.
Lunch is included in the training on location.
|Price per day, excl. VAT
|Total, incl. VAT
After completing the training, a LEARNIT certificate will be issued as proof of participation.