Course constructive dealing with gossip on the work floor
Everyone is talking about others. This doesn't have to be bad, because if this happens in a constructive way, it even has an important function: colleagues learn to know each other's ideas better, clarify mutual relationships and thus create a healthy (work) relationship. However, when these conversations about a third person are of a consistently negative nature, the innocence disappears. Gossiping can be used to manipulate, isolate colleagues or play others against each other. The working atmosphere can be severely disrupted and the productivity of a single employee, a whole team and ultimately even the whole organization can fall drastically when people feel excluded. It is therefore very important to beat that negative gossip within a team in time and to act vigorously.
In the training constructively dealing with gossip in the workplace , you will learn to make an analysis of your own team, to recognize and handle negative gossip, to address key figures effectively and the overall manners and working atmosphere with the right Techniques. Besides theory, there is plenty of attention for implementation. In a relaxed and respectful environment, you practice using role-playing games and cases scenarios that you can encounter on the work floor.
During the training, the following topics are covered:
The function of gossip: When is gossiping still innocent and when no more?
The consequences of gossiping on a worker, the team and the organization: disruption of the working atmosphere and productivity
Corrective action and limits to behaviour: engaging workers in behaviour and responsibilities
Pitfalls: Where can you be in stairs as a MANAGER, HR employee or trustee?
Stimulate Desired behavior: How do you make sure your team is working properly again?
A cultural change: The breaking of unwanted manners
Coping with resistance and emotions on change: Appoint, acknowledge, question, move and tilt
- You have insight into the causes and consequences of gossip on the work floor
- You know how to redirect negative manners to positive manners
- You have handles to get you started with a cultural change within your organisation
This training is ideally suited for participants who are related to gossip, such as HR employees, trust persons and executives. This training is also suitable for monitoring the whole team.
- Customised work is central to us: by means of an intake interview the trainer will enumerate your personal learning goals. On this basis, the final programme of the training is determined.
- We find a safe training atmosphere important because you have to feel comfortable when experimenting with new knowledge and skills.
- We strongly believe in doing and experiencing, rather than telling about the content of training, which makes all our trainings active in nature.
- In order to guarantee the quality of the training, we apply a maximum group size of eight participants for the training, so that we can guarantee the learning effect and efficiency.
The training is provided by default in Dutch. The trainer controls the English language. English course material can be used. When registering at least 3 participants, the training can also be provided entirely in English.
Mentioned prices are per person, including course material.
Lunch is included in the training on location.
||2 sessions of three hours
|Price per day, excl. VAT
|Total, incl. VAT
After completing the training, a LEARNIT certificate will be issued as proof of participation.