PRINCE2® Foundation Course
Improve the results of projects with PRINCE2 project management
Better control over your projects? Learn how to guarantee the quality of projects and adjust them faster? Prince2 is a common method for organizing, managing and managing projects. Unlike other project management methodologies, the focus of PRINCE2 is mainly on the processes. By paying a lot of attention to defining the desired end result, the expectations of all concerned are better managed. And because of the solid structure and construction, everyone speaks the same language, which makes communication considerably easier. This makes Prince2 one of the most concrete, quickly applicable project management methodologies.
This course will train you to the exam according to the latest version of Prince2 2017.
The three-day Prince2 Foundation project management course gives you an extensive introduction to the Prince2 project management method. You will learn the main principles of the Prince2 project methodology, the various project stages and the themes on which a project should be based. The structure of the project organisation and the associated roles and responsibilities are also discussed. And finally, you are well prepared for the official Prince2 Foundation exam.
- The basics: the 7 Prince2 principles
- Advantages, disadvantages and success factors of PRINCE2 project management
- Project Organisation vs. Line Organisation
- Project organization: Roles, responsibilities and team structure
- Start and initiate a project
- Project Stage Ring: Steps in a PRINCE2 project
Project execution and project management
- Product-based project planning: from end to required input
- Prince2 themes: executing, monitoring and adjusting a project
- Risks, changes and exceptions
- Prince2 Project Documentation: Clear insight into the progress
- Preparation for the Prince2 Foundation exam
On the third day you will take the exam for the PRINCE2®-certificate. This is mandatory. The exam consists of 70 multiple-choice questions and lasts one hour. In that hour, you have to give 35 or more good answers to succeed.
The exam deals with the characteristics and context of a project and the benefits of working according to PRINCE2®, the goal of the PRINCE2® roles, management products and themes, the PRINCE2® principles, the objectives and the context of the PRINCE2®- Processes.
The cost of the exam is included in the price.
The Prince2 Foundation training has been developed for everyone who has a job in working with project work and is involved in projects. Think of project managers, project staff, Project supporters, project advisors, project planners and quality officers. The course is also suitable for, for example, information managers, business analysts, functional designers, product developers
This project management course fits in well in preparation for the official Prince2 Foundation exam, and offers an excellent step towards the follow-up course Prince2 Practitioner.
Learnit offers the Prince2 Foundation course as a classroom training. Based on a fictitious business case, all aspects of PRINCE2 project management are passed through. The official Prince2 Foundation course book is used.
Prefer to study at home? The Prince2 Foundation training is also available as e-learning.
At the end of the Prince2 Foundation course:
- You know the seven basic principles of PRINCE2.
- You can define the roles and responsibilities within a PRINCE2 project organisation.
- Do you know what stages PRINCE2 projects exist.
- Do you know which themes affect the project.
- You know the 7 processes within the PRINCE2 project model.
- You know why the project planning starts with the desired end result.
- You can name the most important management products and triggers.
- You can name the most important project management techniques.
- Do you know what each methodology and technique serves and what relationships there are between the components of each methodology
- Are you well prepared for the official Prince2 Foundation exam.
No prior knowledge is required to participate in the PRINCE2® Foundation course. This course is recommended for anyone interested in or involved in project activities.
The training is provided by default in Dutch. The trainer controls the English language. English course material can be used. When registering at least 3 participants, the training can also be provided entirely in English.
Mentioned prices are per person, including course material.
Lunch is included in the training on location.
|Price per day, excl. VAT
|Total, incl. VAT
After completing the training, a LEARNIT certificate will be issued as proof of participation.