VMware vSphere Basic Course
Get more out of your server and network
How do you get more out of your server capacity and network environment? Virtual server or virtual network. These can grow with the need of your organization. So you don't have to buy a new server or extra capacity every time. Moreover, this environment is easily accessible via the cloud, easy to move. You can also run several operating systems side by side on a single physical machine.
Using the VMware vSphere virtualization software, you can set up a virtual server or network environment. vSphere has its own kernel and operating system. This ensures optimal performance and Tuningmogelijkheden. VMware vSphere contains numerous tools to easily perform common actions such as installing, configuring, managing, monitoring, storing data, backing up, scaling, cloning, updating, upgrading, recovery and troubleshooting.
The three-day VMware vSphere 6.7 training course gives you a comprehensive introduction to virtualisation. This intensive hands-on VMware training will get you started with installing, configuring and managing VMware vSphere® 6.7. You'll also get to know VMware ESXi™ 6.7 and VMware vCenter Server™ 6.7. You will also learn how to cluster and monitor vSphere 6.7 environments from vSphere 6.7 principles and how to update and upgrade VMware vSphere 6.7.
The VMware vSphere 6.7 Basic Course covers the following topics (note: The actual content of the course days may vary according to the knowledge and experience of the participants):
- Virtualization: concept, structure and basic concepts
- Virtual and physical networks – advantages and disadvantages
- What is VMware?
- VSphere 6.7 Overview
- Installing vSphere 6.7
- Install and configure ESXi 6.7 installable
- Connecting to and using NAS Shared Storage
- Create and manage virtual hardware and virtual machines
- Install and use vCenter Server
- Quickly set up a virtual machine using templates and clones
- The permission model of ESXi and vCenter
- Using Fibre and Ibra Shared Storage
- The VMware Cluster File System (VMFS)
- ESX and vCenter Alarms
- Resource Management and Resource pools
- VM Hot and Cold migration, storage using VMotion
- Load balancing with the distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS)
- Failure Recovery with High Availability Clusters
- Patch Management with the VMware Update Manager
- Manage Scalability and performance
The VMware vSphere 6.7 training is designed for anyone who wants to learn more about virtualization and install, configure and manage virtual services. For example, network administrators, developers, Windows Server administrators, database administrators, and other IT professionals.
This vSphere training is very suitable for preparing for the official vSphere 6 Foundations Exam (Exam code 2V0-620).
Learnit offers the VMware vSphere 6.7 Basic Course as a classroom training. An English course book is used. In addition, you get access to the VMware vSphere Lab, where the theory can be applied directly in the form of practice-oriented assignments.
After completing the training VMware vSphere 6.7 Base:
- You can install, configure and manage VMware vSphere 6.7 independently.
- You can install and configure ESXi 6.7.
- You know what a software-defined data center is and what you can do with it.
- Are you familiar with the vCenter Server architecture.
- Allows you to roll out and manage a ESXi host with vCenter Server.
- Do you know how to create a virtual machine (VM) and install a guest OS on the VM.
- You can install VMware Tools and 3rd party tools on the VM.
- Do you know how to manually import a VM.
- Allows you to create, configure and update virtual networks with the vSphere standard switches.
- Do you know how to apply NIC Teams for performance and redundance.
- Allows you to define, connect and browse NFS file disks.
- You can™ implement a vCenter Server or VMware vCenter Server™ Appliance.
- Allows you to configure and manage the vSphere infrastructure with the VMware vSphere Client™ and VMware vSphere Web Client.
- You can manage different types of storage with vCenter Server.
- You are able to manage virtual machines, templates, clones, and snapshots.
- You can create a vApp.
- You know how to describe and use the content Library.
- You can migrate virtual machines with VMware vSphere® vMotion®.
- You can also migrate the storage of virtual machines with VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion®.
- You know how to monitor resource usage and manage resource pools.
- You can identify and solve problems with VMware vRealize™ Operations Manager™ by means of analysis and warnings.
- Allows you to manage VMware vSphere High Availability and VMware vSphere Fault Tolerance.
- You can clone virtual machines with VMware vSphere Replication™ and perform a data recovery with VMware vSphere Data Protection™.
- You can use VMware vSphere Distributed Resource Scheduler™ clusters to improve the scalability of the host.
- Do you know how to improve network scalability with vSphere distributed switches.
- You can run patches with VMware vSphere Update Manager™.
- You are able to solve common problems with ESXi hosts, virtual machines, and vCenter Server operations.
- And much more.
To participate in the VMware vSphere 6.7 Basic Course, you need general knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server. Experience with operating systems like CompTIA Network + and Linux Server is useful. The course is taught in Dutch but the teaching material is in English, so good command of the English language is required.
The training is provided by default in Dutch. The trainer controls the English language. English course material can be used. When registering at least 3 participants, the training can also be provided entirely in English.
Mentioned prices are per person, including course material.
Lunch is included in the training on location.
||6 sessions of three hours
|Price per day, excl. VAT
|Total, incl. VAT
After completing the training, a LEARNIT certificate will be issued as proof of participation.